From aircraft development to airline operations, Comtran International has been a worldwide leader in aviation solutions for over 20 years.
Opening its doors in 1985, Comtran was formed to develop and market a unique engine modification kit for the Boeing 707, which effectively reduced the aircraft’s noise footprint to meet the new global standard. Otherwise threatened by the new requirements, the Comtran Hush Kit breathed new life into the airframe that had become the backbone for operators in Europe and North America. Over the course of the program, Comtran outfitted over 800 engines worldwide.
Using the project’s success as a catalyst for product expansion, Comtran entered into other specialized fields and over the last two decades has grown these activities into successful performing divisions including:
- Integrated Aircraft Services for Government Flight Operations
- Transport Category Aircraft Sales and Leasing
- ACMI Operations to Assist Developing NAtions in Establishment of Reliable Commercial Air Service
- JT8D-200 Series Engine Modifications
- VIP Conversion Programs
- Jet Engine Sales, Leasing and Management
- Airport Ownership and Operation